Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How to Bicycle to the Moon to Plant Sunflowers

 How to Bicycle to the Moon to Plant Sunflowers By: Mordicai Gerstein

This book takes you on an adventure to the Moon.  It starts with a boy who decides to cheer up the Moon by traveling there to plant sunflowers to make it happier.  The book then goes through this young man's ideas on how to bicycle to the moon. It is a clever story that shows that with a little imagination you can come up with great ideas. I liked the format of the book because it showed the readers how to construct a plan and invent something new. I plan to use this in my fifth grade classroom as a fun story to read while we complete our solar system unit, and see if my students can invent different creative ways to travel to the Moon.

I purchased this book from Barnes and Noble.
ISBN: 978-1-59643-512-4

No comments:

Post a Comment