Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mrs. Fiisby and the Rats of NIMH

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH By: Robert C. O'Brien

Mrs. Frisby and her children live in the garden of Mr. Fitzgibbon's farm.  It is almost summer time, the time they need to move down by the river to be safe from the plow.  But unfortunately Mrs. Frisby's youngest son, Timothy, is ill.  Mrs. Frisby needs help, and she finds that help with the rats on the farm.  The rats are a strange group and always seem to be busy. As Mrs. Frisby seeks help from them, she learns more about their strange ways, and more about her family than she ever imagined.

This is one of my all time favorite books.  I read it every year to my class, and I picked it up today to start reading it with my children.  It is a classic tale of trusting those around you and that things are not always as they seem.  Love it.  There is a movie based on this book, it is not worth it, I found the movie terrible. 

I was given this book as a gift.
ISBN: 978-0-689-71068-1

No comments:

Post a Comment