Tuesday, July 16, 2013

100 Cupboards

100 Cupboards By: N. D. Wilson

Henry is going to live with his aunt, uncle, and cousins. His parents has disappeared on their trip to South America.  He is not excited about it, but when the mysteries begin he thinks that he could live there. The first mystery is that his grandfather's bedroom is still locked from the inside two years after his death.  Then the plaster comes off of his attic bedroom's wall and he finds that there are different cupboards hidden behind the wall.  His cousin Henrietta and him discover 100 of them, and each time they are opened strange things are behind the doors.  Henry and Henrietta are in for a peculiar adventure that they must figure out how to solve together or get lost forever.

This was an interesting mysterious book.  One of my students suggested it this last school year and I finally got around to it.  Perfect book for fifth grade and up.  I really liked how the cousins ended up working together and that Henry felt like he was needed.  I thought that the mystery of why the cupboards were there and that they got to  learn from their grandfather was perfect. I wish I had a magical wall of cupboards to explore! Great read!!

I borrowed this from the public library
ISBN: 978-0-375-83882-8

No comments:

Post a Comment