Friday, July 29, 2011

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

This weeks entry is in honor of summer being almost over!

How I Spent My Summer Vacation By: Mark Teague

Wallace Bleff is telling the class about his summer vacation, he was sent on a train to visit his Aunt Fern. Along the way he is captured by cowboys that make him a cowhand.  He learns how to be a cowboy and then decides to go back to his Aunt's house with all his new cowboy friends. Near the end of his story the teacher is actually paying attention and he says he cannot wait for show and tell.

I love this book!  The pictures are what really drew me in, they are hysterical.  The way the teacher is portrayed as not quite paying attention in the beginning to how she is looking at him with a shocked expression at the end is so funny.  I love the way this boy's imagination flies away with his story. I plan to use this book as a first day activity with my class this year.

I purchased this book from Amazon.com  ISBN: 978-0-517-88556-7

No comments:

Post a Comment