Saturday, August 3, 2013

Orphan Train

Orphan Train By: Christina Baker Kline


Molly is a foster child who has been in many different homes. The place she lives now is ok, but Dina does not like her and makes things hard.  She gets caught trying to steal a book from the library and is forced to do some community service. Her boyfriend, Jack, finds a place for her to do her hours at the home of Vivian, an elderly lady that needs someone to help her sort her attic. Vivian and Molly begin a wonderful friendship based on having the same type of back ground.  Vivian was placed on a train of orphans when she was just nine years old, she met Duchy on this train and even though they were taken by other people he vowed to find her.  Vivian spent time in many different homes that were not good.  As their bond grows they find that they have a lot in common and can help each other.

I loved this book. My book club picked it and I thought it was going to be okay.  I was wrong I could not put it down. The story of these two ladies just touched my heart and I had to find out what was going to happen with them. Such a beautiful heartbreaking story.  Defiantly an adult read, but well worth it!!

I bought this book from amazon.com
ISBN: 978-0-06-195072-8

No comments:

Post a Comment