Monday, July 28, 2014

I Am Malala

I Am Malala By: Malala Yousafzai

This is the fascinating and terrifying story of Malala, a young woman from Pakistan.  Malala was raised differently than the normal Pakistani child, because her father owned a school and felt that it was important for his family and children to learn.  Malala's father spoke out against the people in the country that did not think that education was a good thing.  On October 9, 2012, Malala was shot in the head by the Taliban.  They did not believe that she would live, but she proved them wrong in so many ways by living and then telling all about her story.

This was a book I will not forget.  To think that something that most people take for granted, caused this young girl so much in her life.  I cannot imagine living in a country where kids were not able to go to school, and where there is so much fighting and terror.

I borrowed this book from the public library
ISBN: 978-0-316-32240-9

No comments:

Post a Comment