Friday, September 30, 2011

The Jolly Postman

The Jolly Postman or Other People's Letters By: Janet & Allan Ahlberg

The Jolly Postman travels around fairy tale land and delivers mail to the different fairy tale characters.  He drops them off and then is off to the next place, always doing his best to get the letters to the people and animals they belong to.

Why I love this book. I remember reading this  book as a child and loving it, and as an adult it is no different. This book comes with letters in envelopes to each of the characters, the Wicked Witch, the Big Bad Wolf, Cinderella.  I love taking the letters out and reading each one, because they all have such character. This is definitely also a great book to teach about letter writing and filling out an envelope correctly, as many children do not write letters using "snail mail" anymore.

A great book for every library.

I have had this book for so long I do not know when or where I purchased it!!
ISBN:0-316-12644-6

No comments:

Post a Comment