Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Treachery of Beautiful Things



The Treachery of Beautiful Things By: Ruth Frances Long

Jenny and her brother Tom are good friends who spend a lot of time together, until Tom is taken by the woods.  Now seven years later she is in search of him in the forest.  Jenny enters the woods and is whisked away into a mysterious world where Jack of the Forest tries to help her. But he also puts her in danger. She must find a way to get to her brother before something gets her.  But what if her brother does not want to come back?  And how can she let the feelings of Jack go, even though she knows that he has given her away.

I loved this book.  It had me hooked from the beginning.  Jenny was the best sister, she wanted so badly to find her brother and take him home where he belonged.  She had to fight the entire book, and never let her dream go, even when things did not turn out like she wanted them to. I love the character Jack, who loved her so, but was unable to do more than what he was told to do by the king.  I wish the story went on and on, as I wanted so much  to continue reading about the characters that I loved. Perfect high school and up read.

I borrowed this from the public library
ISBN: 978-0-8037-3580-4

No comments:

Post a Comment