Friday, October 7, 2011

Picture Perfect Its The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

In honor of October, this months Picture Books will all be about fall or Halloween.  I have quite a collection but I will pick my favoirte reads for my students and own kiddos!

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown By: Charles M Schulz

It's Halloween and Charlie Brown's friend Linus is writing a letter to the Great Pumpkin.  Charlie Brown has no idea who this is so Linus tells him that on Halloween night the Great Pumpkin comes out of the patch with toys for children. No one believes Linus so they all go to the Halloween party dressed as ghosts, except Linus who falls asleep in the pumpkin patch.  Will the Great Pumpkin arrive?

I love this book, like all of Schulz's Charlie Brown books this one is just classic.  It has adventure and fun for all readers.  This book has beautifully colored pictures that stand out and take your breath away.  The story is just as fun to read over and over again.

I got this book from the Books Are Fun people that come to my school.
ISBN: 978-0-7624-3826-6

2 comments:

  1. Love Charlie Brown . . . part of my childhood essence :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I love all Charlie Brown books but I think this one is the best. I guess I just love fall, the beginning of the holiday season! Thanks for your comment Heather!

    ReplyDelete