Friday, October 21, 2011

The Hallo-Wiener

The Hallo-Wiener By: Dav Pilkey

Oscar  is always teased for his size. His mom makes it worse by calling him names like "My little Vienna sausage".  And then for Halloween his mom makes him the worst costume ever.  A Hot dog. He does not want to hurt his Mom's feelings so he wears the costume only to be teased and left behind while Trick or Treating.  But when a scary monster starts to chase the dogs, it is Oscar who notices what is really under the scary robe and saves the day!

I love this book!  The pictures are classic and tell the story perfectly.  The play on words in this book also helps to make this story a great one! My own children and my students at school always love to hear this story.  It is so funny!  This is a must have for your Halloween collection.

I purchased this from the Scholastic Book Order.
ISBN: 0-439-07946-2

No comments:

Post a Comment