Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

The Fault In Our Stars By: John Green

Hazel know that she is dying and she is sick of her mother telling her to get out and do something.  Hazel hates cancer support group, but goes any way. One night she meets Augustus.   He is there because his friend, Issac, asked him to come. Augustus also has had cancer, and is now an amputee.  Augustus and Hazel find that they like to hang out with each other, each needing a friend, and finding one, and sharing their favorite books.  They spend a lot of time together and find themselves in love. Augustus uses his cancer wish for Hazel and him to go to meet her favorite author, and they have a great time. But things are not always as they seem, and cancer doesn't always stay gone.

I loved this book.  It was so sad, and very uplifting at the same time.  These two teens with cancer really stuck with me. They kept going, each knowing that it may be their last days trying to make sure that the other people around them were taken care of.  I loved Hazel and Augustus's relationship, because their love for words, and sharing them with each other just made sense to me. I didn't put it down until I was done.

I bought this at Target
ISBN: 978-0-525-47881-2

No comments:

Post a Comment