Friday, February 21, 2014

I Am The Messenger



I Am The Messenger By: Markus Zusak

Ed is just a 19 year old cab driver, with nothing special about him or his life. One day that all changes, after a bank robbery attempt where he makes a move, and playing cards show up in his mailbox with names of people.  These people all need him, and he has to figure out how to help them. Ed goes about doing this, while trying to stay connected with his friends, especially Audrey, who he loves but she doesn't want him.  In the end Ed helps many, but really just needs to be helped himself.

I don't know that I loved this book, but I couldn't stop reading it any way.  I felt sorry for Ed, he seemed like a lost teen.  His mom doesn't like him, he is in love with a girl that doesn't want to love him back, and he lives alone with an ugly dog.  Something about this book made me keep reading, and in the end I was more confused then ever. Honestly I don't know what to say about it other than interesting.

I borrowed this from the public library
ISBN: 978-0-375-83667-1

No comments:

Post a Comment