Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Night Circus

The Night Circus By: Erin Morgenstern
Le Cirque des Reves appears out of nowhere and is open for you to wander through and enjoy.  It is full of magical things and wonders that you cannot explain.  What you do not know is that it is there so that two magicians can duel, both fighting for what they do not understand but have been brought here to do and have trained since they were young. They are bound to the circus and keeping it going while not understanding the true meaning of this duel.  But when the two dueling magicians Celia and Marco find that they not only cannot leave the circus because it will spin out of control, but they find themselves also in love with each other and cannot be without each other the problems begin.  They are trying to find a way to let the  circus go on without them so they can be together but do not realize the terms of the duel.  Can they figure out how to let  it go and survive for the many people who live and work in the circus and still be able to be together? Or will one of them not survive the break from the circus?

I loved this book.  I think that it was a clever mystery and romance built together. I loved the characters in the book, at first they have no idea who their duel is meant to be with but one is able to figure it out first and that is what brings them together in love.  I felt that there were many, many elements to this book and at times you might have to pay attention to what is going on to fully understand the connections of the people and the story line, this to me helped to create the mystery and enjoyment in the book.  I thought the writing style was good and the end made me… well I guess I won’t tell you that because it might give it away.   Great Magical Read!!

I borrowed this book from the public library
ISBN: 978-1-61173-202-3

No comments:

Post a Comment