Monday, April 25, 2011

Heaven is for Real

Heaven is for Real by: Todd Burpo  This was the story of Todd Burpo's son, Colton, who had an emergency appendectomy.  While he was in surgery he claims to his parents that he went to heaven and sat on Jesus' lap, met John the Baptist, his still born sister, and many other hard to imagine events. Colton was only 3 at the time and the events that he was able to describe were quite astonishing.  This story tells of how Colton relayed the events to his parents and their struggle to understand what happened to him.  I found this story very interesting. I am not quite sure I believe it, honestly I want to believe that this child was able to see Jesus because of the wonderful things he said about what heaven was like.  Do I think that he went to heaven really and saw the Apocalypse and every event he was able to describe I have no idea.  I think that God works through people to bring others to him and feel that if this child's story is able to do that then that is great, but like I said I am having a really hard time believing that it actually happened only because of the extreme astonishment of all the events he describes. If anyone reads it and has a comment or thought just post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment