Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I, Emma Freke

I, Emma Freke By: Elizabeth Atkinson

Emma does not fit, she does not like school and hates seeing her counselor.  Emma lives with her mother, who doesn't seem to want to be a mother, and her grandfather. She would love to know who her father is, but she doesn't.  Her best friend is Penelope, and one day Emma's mom gives her the best gift, she tells her she does not have to go back to school ever again.  That doesn't work out either, but Emma does get to go to the Freke Family Reunion, where she finds things aren't as bad as she thinks, and finally finds a place to fit in.

I loved this book.  I thought the character Emma was one that many girls could relate to. Not having a place to fit in and trying to find out what to do about it.  I loved how Emma was able to help another even though she was going through a hard time.
Perfect read for middle school girls. 

I borrowed this from the public library
ISBN: 978-0-7613-5604-2

No comments:

Post a Comment