Sunday, December 15, 2013

Black Gold

Black Gold: The Story of Oil in Our Lives By: Albert Marrin

This is the history of how we began to use oil.  It traces the roots of oil back to its beginning and how it was created.  As an informational book written for middle school readers to high school readers it instantly captured my attention.  I do not believe that most kids know how oil is created and why it is so important in our lives. It also talks about how oil is something that we are not going to create, so we need to know that once it is gone, its gone.  The history of wars over oil are also discussed in this book, the extent to which some people went to, to control oil is quite fascinating.  This is a book that I would recommend to anyone, as I learned quite a bit.

I bought this at the Scholastic Book Fair
ISBN: 978-0-375-85938-7

No comments:

Post a Comment