Saturday, September 15, 2012

Wild

Wild By: Cheryl Strayed

Cheryl was going through a very rough time in her life. She had lost her mother to cancer, and her marriage was not what she wanted it to be. She was trying to fix herself for others and that just was not working for her.  She decided to take up a hike, not just any hike, she was going to hike the Pacific Crest Trail!  For someone who had not hiked very much, this was a strange way to find yourself. She met many people on her way, and did some crazy things as she hiked alone such a long long way!

I cannot say that I loved this book, but I found it sort of fascinating.  Cheryl definitely found a way to be alone and work through the issues that were plaguing her in her life.   I thought that she was very brave, and very dumb at the same time to hike alone, hitch rides with strangers, and just have no way to tell people if she was okay.  It is an interesting read though, but I would not have chosen it if my book club had not read it.

I borrowed this from a friend who purchased it at Costco
ISBN: 978-0-307-59273-6

No comments:

Post a Comment