Friday, January 6, 2012

PIcture Perfect A Sick Day for Amos McGee

A Sick Day for Amos McGee B: Philip C. Stead Illustrated By: Erin E. Stead

Amos McGee is a loved zoo keeper who works hard at the zoo but makes sure to take time to visit his special friends each day.  He plays chess with the elephant, wipes the nose of the rhino that has allergies, and reads with the owl afraid of the dark, among other things.  He is really a nice guy!  He is sick one day and the animals wait patiently for him to come, when he does not come they decide to go find him.  They take a bus to his house and take care of him instead.

This is one of the most wonderful stories I have read. I love the friendship that is shown with the zoo keeper and the animals. I love the subtle humor in the book, and the illustrations are really nice too! I read this to my fourth and fifth graders today and they liked it a a lot. My own children who are second grade, kindergarten, and two love it too!!

This is actually not by book, my Mom was given this book as a gift and she is sharing it with me.
ISBN: 978-1-59643-402-8

No comments:

Post a Comment