Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jackalope

Jackalope  By: Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel

Jack does not like being an ordinary rabbit. He wants to be scary!  So when the chance comes in the form of his fairy godrabbit he wishes for horns. But the fairy godrabbit warns him that when he tells a lie his horns will grow. He does not believe her and sets off on his day. Whenever he tells a lie his horns grow larger. When coyote finds him and begins to chase him he gets stuck in the ground by his now long horns. But his fairy godrabbit comes to the rescue and with one last trick they trick the coyote away.  After that they decide to live together always!!

I love this story. It has funny images and makes me and the kids I read it to laugh. I also like how the fairy godrabbit talks using vegetable names as part of her sentences.  They trick at the end of the book also makes this book a fun one, I am not going to give that away. I read it to my fourth and fifth graders and they actually listened and I heard a few laughs in the room too!! Great animal fairy tale book!!

I borrowed this from the school library.
ISBN: 0-15-216736-6

No comments:

Post a Comment