Sunday, January 19, 2014

Life As We Knew It

Life As We Knew It By: Susan Beth Pfeffer

Miranda lives a pretty normal teenage life.  She lives with her mom, her dad and his new wife are having a baby, and she is struggling with changing friends in high school. One day the world is told that there is a meteor headed toward the Moon.  Everyone is speculating as to if it is really going to happen, and on the night of the event the world makes a party out of it.  That is until the inevitable happens, the Moon is hit, and it tilts closer to the Earth causing world wide chaos.  Miranda and he family fall into a fight for their life and they don't know if they will survive the terror that they are now in.

This was definitely a page turner, and I didn't stop until I was done.  The way the book is laid out in Miranda's journal makes for a great read. I kept thinking, what if I get to the end and she dies.  The creepiness of the book also hit me, it was so real and made me think of what would really happen to the world we know if something huge like this really happened.  A great teen read.

I borrowed this from the public library
ISBN: 978-0-15-206154-8

No comments:

Post a Comment