Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel



Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel By: Jeff Kinney

This addition to the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series finds Greg looking for a date the the Valentine's Day dance.  He takes advice from his Uncle Gary, who has moved into their home because he is out of work and money, and tries many things.  Turns out when Greg finally finds a date she seems more interested in Rowley!!  All the while Greg is afraid he is going to get the chicken pox that are going around, getting Rowley elected to Student Council, and bringing his own personal stash of good toilet paper to school and hiding it!

Another funny Diary of a Wimpy Kid book! I love these books and this one does not disappoint.  The beginning of this book had my hooked.  Greg talks about how he remembers being in his mom's stomach and hearing her music and her talking!  Funny pictures with that story.  So if you are like me and love the humor of a 5th and 6th grader get the book as soon as you can!! I know that many teachers think that they are not great literature, and maybe they are right, but I for one do not believe in choosing books for kids. I love whatever they choose to read. 

I purchased this from Scholastic
ISBN: 978-1-4197-0729-2

No comments:

Post a Comment