Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Ward

The Ward By: Jordana Frankel

Ren lives in what used to be New York. Now the ocean has taken over most of the ground and the people have moved higher.  Ren is a racer, and must make money to help her sister who has the virus.  But Ren also has a secret, she works for the Blues, making extra money to try to find fresh water.  When her two worlds collide and she is used by the people around her Ren gets herself into a bad position, but she knows that she will do anything to help find the cure and keep her sister and the world alive.

This book was pretty good. At first I felt is was slow going because I was trying to piece together what had happened to the world  and learn the characters.  I loved the character Ren, who was devoted to helping people no matter the cost.  I liked that the end turned out different than I was anticipating.  Great teen read.

I borrowed this from the public library
ISBN: 978-0-06-209534-3

No comments:

Post a Comment