Saturday, August 16, 2014

Wilfred

Wilfred By: Ryan Higgins

     Once there was a lonely giant named Wilfred, who only wanted a friend. He came to a town that had a whole bunch of little people in it, and none of them had hair. When he tried to introduce himself the people all ran away, except one boy. The boy and Wilfred became friends and had a ton of fun, until the other people in the town told Wilfred that hairy monsters were not allowed to be in the town.  If he wanted to come back he had to give them all his hair. So they took all of Wilfred's hair, and he was cold and lonely. The little boy tried to help him, but he got lost in the snowstorm.  Wilfred found him and protected him, and then the people of the town knew that they had done wrong.

     I loved this book. It was touching and had a great story.  I thought that it showed that people can be very selfish, and that sometimes the things that are different are the object of our torture.  I loved how Wilfred protected his only friend in this story.  My boys loved listening to it, and I cannot wait to share it with my class.

   I borrowed this from the public library
   ISBN: 978-0-8037-3732-7

No comments:

Post a Comment