Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Poison



Poison By: Bridget Zinn

Kyra is a trained potions master, who has an extremely high knowledge of all things poison.  She is on the run because she tried to kill her best friend and princess Ariana.  Kyra knows that she tried to do the right thing because she had a vision in which she saw that Ariana would destroy the kingdom.  As she is on the run she meets Fred. Fred is an annoying young man that she must rely on but she tries to ditch him at every turn.  As the palace guards and her former potion master friends get closer to finding her she must find a way  to tell people that what they know is not true.

This was one of the BEST books I have read in a long time.  I was instantly engaged and really did not want to put it down.  I loved that the character Kyra knew what she had to do, and was willing to sacrifice whatever to save the kingdom she loved.  I thought that the relationship between Kyra and Fred was fun and classic.  When I got to the end of the book I wanted more from this wonderful author.  Then  I read the back author bio and found out that not only was this her only book, but unfortunately the author passed away before this book even was published. Defiantly this book is a must read. http://www.bridgetzinn.com/index.php 

I borrowed this from the public library.
ISBN: 978-142313993-5

No comments:

Post a Comment