Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bailey

Bailey By: Harry Bliss

Bailey is a dog who is headed off to school!!  He has to get ready and go through the steps of smoothing his fur, and picking out which collar to wear.  But Bailey always misses the bus and the kids have to have the bus driver stop for him. Bailey has a very different take on life and so he offers a lot of different ideas to his class. His class loves him though and some want to do things just like him. Bailey can't wait to go to school again tomorrow!

I love this book! I read it to my students on the first day of school and we talked about how different Bailey was then we are when we get ready for school. The kids I have this year are in fifth grade and they still thought it was a fun book to hear. We also talked about personification with this book and we wrote stories about animals that go to school.  Great read!!

I purchased this from Scholastic.
ISBN: 978-0-545-23344-6

No comments:

Post a Comment