Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Killing Lincoln

Killing Lincoln By: Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard

This is the story of the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln.  It tells of events surrounding and leading up to the death of President Lincoln.  I found this book quite interesting. I am not a history buff, but this book fortunately did not read like a history book and therefore was easy to read.  It told of many events that were going on around the time that Lincoln was killed that I did not remember about from school,  and it showed life from the perspective of the man who planned to at first just kidnap the president and then changed to assassination. I really did not know that so many people were involved in the plot. I know that it is a controversial book but I found it to be good.  Definitely out of my ordinary range of book reading so not a kid book, but after discussing it with my book group a good discussion book for all adults.

Purchased at Costco
ISBN:  9780805093070

No comments:

Post a Comment