Saturday, January 21, 2012

Louisa May Alcott

Louisa May Alcott A Personal Biography BY: Susan Cheever

This is a wonderful biography of the life of Louisa May Alcott. As biographies do it follows her life and times and gives a look into the reasons for her books and how the story of her life made these books come to be. I found it completely interesting to look into her life and see what she went through. The story of the type of person her father was and how interesting her upbringing was.  While I enjoyed the facts and story I would not say that this book was a quick and easy read for me. It is always hard for me to read such detail of other people, as I tend to like stories where skipping a few words here or there does not matter, not so with this book.  But a wonderful way to learn about another person!

I purchased this book at Costco
ISBN: 978-1-4165-6992-3

No comments:

Post a Comment