Friday, May 13, 2011

Blue Like Jazz

Blue Like Jazz by: Donald Miller  This book is the journey that Donald Miller took to come to the basis of his faith in God. He talks in short chapters about different topics that are based on his experiences with learning about God and finding God.  It was actually quite fascinating because it was interesting to see his connections to being a Christian and seeing his feelings about what he believed.  I really enjoyed his book because it was like listening to someone talk with you about their faith and their life.  I found many of the things he said great and lots of great quotes.  I really liked the quote from page 323 that says... "And this is the prayer I pray for all my friends because it is the key to happiness.  God's love will never change us if we don't accept it."  It is so true and simple yet hard to do at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment